Monday, June 21, 2010

Gluttony Strikes Again, or Sometimes Two Burgers are Better than One

Sometimes it's all about quantity. I hate to admit it, but it's true. I guess I can be a bit of a glutton.
image from toonpool.com

There are times when I just want to eat the biggest hamburger I can find, and I almost don't care if it's great, just that it's LARGE.

This weekend, for instance. The family and I went to a little place near our house. We'd been there a few weeks ago, and I hadn't been able to get the onion rings out of my mind. Every time I'd drive by, my mouth watered.

Now, this place isn't even really a restaurant. It's a independent bottle mart/convenience store with a grill and some tables. So I was wary of the hamburgers, which in places like this tend to be tiny little frozen patties. When I spotted a double bacon burger on the menu, I decided to take a chance. It might not be a great burger, but there will be a lot of it.

Turns out, the burgers were not tiny at all. And they wern't frozen either.

They were hand made. Beefy. Juicy. Darn good, I'd say.

And kinda big.

Confronted with this unexpected plethora of meat, I had two choices. Eat until I was full and then put the burger down. Or devour the whole thing, knowing that I'd regret it.

Which do you think I did?

Yup. Devour. And I when breakfast rolled around the next morning, I was still too full to eat.

So I just had a donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment