Friday, May 21, 2010

If Only Eugene Were Burgertown

Eugene, Oregon has a lot of burger joints. A LOT. But despite my last post about hamburgers, I've yet to find a place that has consistently wowed me with their burger prowess. A one-off awesome burger is nothing to sneeze at, mind you. But if it can't be counted on, it just sets you up for disappointment.

Expecting excellence and getting mediocrity is worse than expecting mediocrity and getting it.

The newest player on the local burger scene is Dickie Jo's. Owned by a family that has done well for itself by offering quality local fast-ish food, this place is high on concept, but the burgers are only pretty good. Not awesome. Not terrific. Just okay. I had higher hopes.

I have been hankering for a special hamburger. One with a handful of french fries piled on top. With a spoonful of spaghetti sauce lovingly poured atop that. And finished with a slice of mozzarella (or even provolone). Melted and gooey. Mmmm... now THAT would be a burger to photograph. Might even be a burger to cuddle with.

I shall call it the CuddleBurger.
(not to be confused with Cuttlefish burger. Please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment